Public Finance and Management publishes original work. Manuscripts found to plagiarize previously published work will be rejected; this includes manuscripts that make substantial use of redundancy (i.e. self-plagiarizing - the extensive use of authors' previous work) which may also be rejected. Please see PFM's ethics guidelines for more information.
Manuscripts may be submitted to PFM online via Manuscript Manager.
Guidelines for manuscripts submitted for review
All manuscripts submitted for review must:
- Be submitted as a Microsoft Word file.
- Be double-spaced with standard fonts and margins.
- Be formatted according to APA style guidelines.
- Tables, figures, and graphics should be inserted in the place they should appear in the text rather than as an appendix.
- All author identifiers must be removed from the manuscript before submission.
- Include a cover letter with author contact information, attached as a separate file.
Guidelines for accepted articles
Guidelines for articles accepted in PFM are available directly from the journal's editor.
All credited authors must complete and return a publication contract. Contracts may be completed online at pfm.spaef.org/contract.